It's been a hot minute since I've played something so simple, yet so familiar.
Great pickup game that I want to see more of.
- I like the shadow & snowfall effect. This helps with tracking the player and perception of time.
- Level design are simple and straight forward.
- Music choice fits mood perfectly.
- A few levels having timing mechanics, such as lifting platforms, that if missed the only way to restart the level is by jumping off the map.
- Maybe by choice but I'd like the ability to jump at least the height of my character.
- Some platforms can land on you and not cause death, even without the spike visuals still would seem that being crushed is a mechanic.
What I want to see:
- Background visual to indicate platform moving. Ex: If a platform lifts up, just a darker rectangle behind it with a " | " cut out. Also allow platforms to rise once and then return to starting position, causing the player to have to re shoot the red target.
- Slower rocket speed & reloading, this request slightly bleeds into another request of introducing more complex types of jumping. Reference the TF2 community with things such as sync jumping (ex: Just youtube or play).
- Lastly and more advanced, I'd like to see momentum. Always with platforms it's enjoyable to build speed, and jump platform to platform while an approaching boulder or some other insta death object chases you. (Again advanced request).
Overall highly impressed, and a job well done.
I want to see more of this, or just scrap it and make something entirely different. I want to see what you got.